The collision of archaeology, cycling, and aortic valve repair

Pages

Slideshow Image 1

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Man Food

Today my son and I started down his path to manhood. Today I began teaching my son one of the most important skill sets any man could possess. Today we went out into the world, captured man food, and then cooked it and ate it. We started our day with a bowl of cereal for strength. Then we braved the mean streets of Shandon in our trusty Toyota Corolla and made our way to the hunting grounds—Publix. Once there, we quietly stalked our prey and finally cornered it on Aisle 2. It didn’t give up without a fight, but my son captured the corned beef hash and subdued it. Again braving the streets of Shandon, we made our way back home. We two, my son and I, cooked that corned beef hash with fried eggs (over easy) and heavily buttered toast. We feasted a manly feast of fatty foods with much cholesterol. My son’s response, “Mm, this is good!”

Indeed.

1 comments:

Jennifer King said...

silly boys!

Post a Comment